- 3-4 days: practical vocational training in the company under the supervision of your trainer
- 1-2 days: theoretical education at the vocational school
- On average, the vocational training lasts 3 years
Company-wide vocational training
An extension of in-company vocational training: you receive training in external workshops or in other companies.
External vocational training
The vocational training does not take place at a vocational school, but at another educational institution.
This means that you carry out practical exercises in a kind of school.
This form of vocational training can be an alternative option if you are unable to find a company to do your vocational training in.
There are also a few purely school-based vocational training courses in technical or social fields, in foreign languages or in healthcare.
Here you only learn in vocational schools/vocational colleges.
As a rule, however, you have to do a company internship during your vocational training.
- a technical field: medical-technical assistant
- a social field: preschool teacher
- a foreign language field: foreign language correspondent
- healthcare: geriatric nurse