Förderprogramm "Integration durch Qulifizierung IQ"

Do you need information about your rights at work in Germany?

Do interns also receive the minimum wage?

The basic rule is that the minimum wage must be paid for a voluntary internship if it lasts for more than three months. In this case, the minimum wage must then be paid from the first day of the internship.

The minimum wage does not have to be paid for a mandatory internship (e.g. for a degree), even if it lasts for more than three months.

Important: The internship is sometimes used by employers to avoid the minimum wage. This page helps you find out whether you are entitled to the minimum wage:


Request for consultation