Förderprogramm "Integration durch Qualifizierung IQ"

What is Verletztengeld (injury benefits) and how do you get it?

Verletztengeld (injury benefits) is not the same as Krankengeld (sick pay). It is only paid out if you are injured in an accident at work and are unable to work for more than three days. Injury benefits are usually around 60% to 80% of your normal gross pay. This won't be higher than your net salary.

To apply for injury benefits, you must inform your employer about the accident at work: The employer submits an accident report to the statutory accident insurance (Berufsgenossenschaft / employers' liability insurance association). The employers' liability insurance association will then send you questionnaires about the accident, which you must fill out and send back. If your employer does not contact the employers' liability insurance association, you should ask about this.