Förderprogramm "Integration durch Qualifizierung IQ"

What is an "Ausbildungsduldung” (tolerated stay permit for vocational training)?

If your residence status is only a "Duldung” (tolerated), you can get a tolerated stay permit for the duration of your vocational training. During this time you can stay in Germany and complete your vocational training. Once you have completed your vocational training, you can apply for a residence permit for 2 years.

Please note: this is only possible if you continue to work in the profession in which you completed your vocational training.

To do this, you have to:

  • Have a substitute passport
  • Have sufficient living space
  • Prove that you have sufficient knowledge of the German language (B1).

Please note: if you want to change your vocational training place with a tolerated stay permit, you can only do this once.

You will be given 6 months (tolerated stay) to find a new vocational training place. You must apply to the Foreigners' Registration Office for a tolerated stay permit for vocational training. You need to already have a vocational training place for this, but it also depends on your residence status.