Förderprogramm "Integration durch Qulifizierung IQ"

Do you need information about your rights at work in Germany?

Who pays my wages if I cannot work because of an accident at work?

If you are unable to work because of an accident at work, you will usually receive continued payment of your salary (Lohnfortzahlung) from your employer. You will continue to receive this payment for a maximum of 6 weeks. If you are also unfit for work, you will receive injury benefits (Verletztengeld). Injury benefits are paid by the so-called employer’s liability insurance associations (Berufsgenossenschaften) for the period during which you are unable to work or take part in rehabilitation measures due to the accident at work. Your health insurance company pays the injury benefit on behalf of the employers' liability insurance association.