What can I do if I have not received a contract of employment from the employer?
If you have already been in your employment relationship for more than one month, you are entitled to a written record of the contract from your employer. They must ensure that the key contractual conditions are forwarded to you in written form.
The information below must be included in the record:
- Name and address of both contracting parties
- Date of commencement of the employment relationship
- Location of employment
- Description of the employee’s work
- Amount and composition of the employee’s wages (wages, allowances, supplements, bonuses, etc.)
- Working hours
- Number of holiday days
- Notice periods
- Reference to which collective agreements and company agreements apply to the employment relationship
Please note: A contract of employment is very important if there is a dispute over working conditions. Without a contract it is very hard to prove which agreements apply and whether these have been breached. This is why you should always request a written contract of employment! If you are refused this, then insist on the record of your working conditions referred to above!