I am not in Germany yet
Our advice centers offer their services to refugees and other migrants who are not from the EU who already live or work in Germany. Even if you don't yet live and work in Germany, you can find out about German employment laws.
For example, the portal "Make it in Germany" offers important information on entry, visa and job search in Germany: http://www.make-it-in-germany.com/de
Our advisers can help you with your questions about employment law and social legislation in Germany, if you already live or work in Germany. Feel free to contact our advisers who speak different languages and will help you in your prefered language: Advice centres
If you have any questions please contact the Department of Fair Integration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How is a contract of employment formed?
- What is a probationary period and what should I bear in mind?
- I do not understand some of the points in my contract of employment, what can I do?
- What is a collective agreement and when does this apply?
- Can the contract of employment deviate from the law or from a collective agreement?
- How does an employment relationship end?
- What is important to bear in mind with a fixed-term contract of employment?
- What should I bear in mind if I receive a notice of termination?
- To which points must particular attention be paid in the contract of employment?
- FAQ Contract of employment: Sources
- What is a “special leave to remain for the purpose of training” (Ausbildungsduldung)?
- What is a job placement agency (Vermittlungsagentur)?
- What is the role of job placement agencies and what services do they offer?
- Do I have to pay a fee for finding a job?
- How can I tell if the recruitment agency is reputable?
- Is there a connection between the employment agreement and the job placement agreement?
- Can the job placement agency impose a contractual penalty on me?
- What risks should I anticipate when formulating rights and obligations in the job placement agreement?
- Can the job placement agency retain my original work documents or my passport?
- If my employment agreement was already concluded in my home country, can it be changed in Germany?
- How is the collaboration with the employment agency?
- Which types of training are there?
- What is important in a training contract?
- How much do I earn during training?
- What financial support is available?
- What measures are there to support preparation for training?
- Which support options are available for use during the training?
- Which conditions apply to me as a trainee in the company?
- Can a dismissal be challenged?
- What is wage, what is salary?
- How much pay am I entitled to?
- What is gross and what is net?
- When must my wages be paid?
- What do I do if I don't get paid on time?
- Is overtime paid?
- Do I receive supplements?
- What is a pay slip?
- Does my employer have to give me a pay slip?
- FAQ Wages/salary and pay slip: Sources
- What is a termination?
- What form must a termination take for it to be effective?
- What notice periods must be observed?
- What is an unfair dismissal complaint?
- Do I have to sign a notice of termination?
- What can I do against a dismissal?
- What does “special protection against dismissal” mean?
- What is a termination agreement?
- FAQ Termination and termination agreement: Sources
- What does minimum wage mean?
- Are there different minimum wages for different industries?
- Who does the minimum wage not apply to?
- Does the minimum wage also apply to foreign employees?
- Do interns also receive the minimum wage?
- When does the statutory minimum wage change?
- Where can I get help if I am not being paid the minimum wage?
- Is it important for me to record how many hours I have worked?
- FAQ Minimum wage: Sources